MPC Daily Bread Food Pantry
Volunteer position description: Assist on a quarterly basis with assembling, bagging and preparing food items.
Meals on Wheels
Volunteer position description: This program currently serves local residents five days a week, Monday through Friday, with one hot meal a day in the 32223 and 32257 zip codes. We ask volunteers to assist for about two hours to serve our guests and ask our volunteers to serve just once each month. The delivery window is from 11:00am to 1:30pm, preferably in teams of two or more.
Person to contact if interested: Call the MPC church office at 680.9944
Volunteer position description: YoungLives is a ministry associated with Young Life for vulnerable teen moms. Volunteers work with the moms or care for infants and toddlers of young mothers while they participate in YoungLives activities.
Time commitment: 3 hours a night, no more than two Monday nights a month
Training needed: Child care skills, must successfully complete YoungLife background check.
Spiritual gifts, passion that would best fit this position: love of little babies and their moms, serving, helping nurturing, caring.
Person to contact if interested: email Margaret Schrader.
World Relief Refugee Support
Volunteer Description: opportunities could include any of the following:
- Buy groceries for refugee families
- Provide welcome kits for new arrivals
- Apartment set up for new arrivals
- Airport pick up for new arrivals
- Host a Vacation Bible School or Kids Fun Day at apartment complex
- Prayer Walks in apartment complex
- Collect donations
- English Tutoring at Refugee’s home
- Skills Training at Refugee’s home
- Become a Cultural Companion [friendship/advice/practice English/adjustment to America]
- Bible Studies at apartment complexes [Men’s/Women’s/Mom’s/Youth groups]
- Apartment Outreaches [examples: April-Easter Egg Hunt for kids/August-School Supplies Give-a-way/November-Provide Thanksgiving Meal]
Time Commitment: Varies on the type of project. 1-2 hours or more. One time commitment or more regular volunteer opportunities.
Training needed: None
Spiritual gifts, passion that would best fit this position: Helping, Serving, building, hospitality, encouragement, teaching, giving.
Person to Contact: Email Silvia Almond.